“This new accelerator programme is a brilliant opportunity to turn your engineering biology idea into a company. It is open to entrepreneurial candidates with innovative ideas that use engineering biology to help solve global problems. “
The programme is funded through the £250 million UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) Technology Missions Fund. It has been designed to support engineering biology researchers who wish to launch a company, or whose existing start-up is in the very early-stages.
Areas covered include:
- protecting the environment
- advancing healthcare
- improving quality of life.
What’s on offer?
The programme is full-time for nine weeks and comes with:
- Access to expert training, mentoring and support throughout the accelerator programme from both our project team and highly experienced delivery partners.
- £20K pro rata support throughout the programme (£3.9K)
- Additional travel & hotel budget for required in-person days
- Discretionary budget for additional training or support services up to £500
- Opportunity to apply for £50-60K of equity-free feasibility funding* at the end of the accelerator
*Candidates must have a UK-registered company by the end of the programme to be eligible for feasibility funding. The de minimis award is subject to minimum financial assistance rules.Further information