“The NIA is a world-leading programme that I would strongly encourage innovators to apply to. Through access to an unrivalled group of mentors with extensive understanding of key health and social care challenges, the NIA offers an unparalleled depth of understanding. “
Chaired by Professor Sir Stephen Powis, National Medical Director of NHS England, the NHS Innovation Accelerator (NIA) has officially launched its call for applications to the 2024 intake. Applications close 22 October 2023.
Health and social care innovators with proven solutions are invited to apply to join the accelerator programme, which has been designed to support entrepreneurs in scaling their solutions into and across NHS England.
The recruitment call is focused on innovations that can address a health inequalities challenge within the themes highlighted in the NHS England Core20PLUS5, – an approach to reducing health inequalities for adults, children and young people.
Additionally, the call is open to all therapy areas with innovations that specifically support NHS England centred Carbon Reduction solutions.
The themes for the 2024 intake are:
- Maternity (Adults)
- Mental Health/ Severe Mental Illness (Adults, and Children and Young People)
- Cancer (Adults)
- Respiratory Disease / Asthma (Adults, and Children and Young People)
- Hypertension/ Cardiovascular Disease (Adults)
- Diabetes (Children and Young People)
- Epilepsy (Children and Young People)
- Oral Health (Children and Young People)
- Carbon Reduction/Net Zero